Our Response To COVID-19
To our valued customers,
The health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority, especially in this unprecedented time. We want to extend our thoughts to all the people that have been personally affected by the spread of COVID-19 and send a special thank you to our healthcare professionals, law enforcement officers, and government officials who continue to keep us safe.
- Here are the measures we are taking to ensure our customers and employees stay safe through this hardship:
- Closely following the guidelines laid out by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and World Health Organization to help mitigate the risk of infection.
- Use appropriate measures to ensure our store stays clean throughout the day, including sanitizing all areas throughout the dealership with increased levels.
- Instruct any staff members to stay home and consult a medical professional if they exhibit any signs of illness.
- Cancel all large gatherings, training sessions, and vendor appointments for the foreseeable future.
We will continue to be open during our regular business hours. We ask customers to refrain from visiting us if they are experiencing any symptoms, have been sick within the last 14 days, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. To schedule a private appointment to view any of our RVs, or if you have any questions about service or parts, please contact us at 858-679-2250.
The Norm’s RV Team
RV Dealers and Essential Business Services
As states and local governments issue operating guidance to businesses, RVDA said it is important to ensure "that consumers have access to safe and well-functioning motorhomes and travel trailers used for travel and temporary housing. It is vital that RV repair, maintenance, and sales facilities be considered essential operations when federal, state, and local officials impose certain requirements due to the coronavirus outbreak.
It is notable that several of these local orders consider gas stations, and auto-supply, auto-repair, and related facilities to be essential services. Similarly, plumbers and electricians are considered essential services to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences."
RVDA noted that "not only do RV service departments maintain the safe operation of motorhomes and travel trailers as motor vehicle repair businesses, but they also work on the plumbing and electrical systems in the RVs and maintain generators. Nearly every RV service department supplies propane services such as inspection and fill-ups for customers.
Similarly, RV sales are essential services, as many people rely on RVs for temporary housing at campgrounds and RV parks. There is also a population of RVers that travel fulltime. RVs are also currently being used as COVID-19 mobile test centers and temporary quarantine quarters because they provide a safe, controlled environment."